Sunday, February 26, 2017

A Lot Can Happen in a Year...

One year ago today, Josh and I made one of the most serious commitments in our relationship yet: we decided to build a house.  Hopefully not just a house, but a home.  [And after selling my condo & moving twice, I'd be more than content if this were our FOREVER home!]  One year ago tonight, we "signed our lives away" and put an offer on a lot.  It's fun to think back to the 'headaches' that went into the decision-making... Josh is the one to think things through before making any big decision and not that I rush into things, but once I make up my mind, it's hard to change it.  We surprisingly agreed on everything from siding color to cabinets to flooring and lighting.  Josh has let me put a few more holes in the walls now that we're nearing seven months of calling this place home.  The picture of us below is from a spec home in Cedar Falls a week and a half before the big decision - I was over it & he was still excited/thinking things out.  I'm glad he knew deep down what he wanted because the view from the back of our home is my favorite.





Tomorrow is my step-dad's birthday.  His second birthday he's celebrated in Heaven after he passed away just one year and eight days ago.  I don't know that I could find many words to describe the void I've felt in my life since that day, not having him here to see our home or to help me celebrate getting my MBA among many other things & holidays.  I'm thankful to have had him and his love & support in my life for the years that I did.  I've been relying on this quite a bit - "Tears are prayers too. They travel to God when we can't speak." Psalm 56:8

No comments:

Post a Comment