Thursday, March 3, 2011

Baby Clothes and Sick Days

I can't focus on one thing to write about, but I'm determined to write about something, so I guess I'll continue on with My Little Things.

2. Baby Clothes. 

These really are little things, and since my best friend/cousin/roommate has little Taysen in her belly, well, I've had more than an excuse to do some serious shopping.

 

Now, my trips to Target aren't complete without making a stop to the baby section, even though by now I have memorized where everything is located, and what the Cedar Falls Target has that Waterloo doesn't. During my upcoming visit to Des Moines, where I'll be staying just a few blocks from Jordan Creek Mall, I plan to carve out some time to check out Baby Gap...this could be trouble. Expect to see more rambling and photos about this subject. :)


3. Sick Days.

A good, true sick day is spent in bed or on the couch, in your sweats, with your dirty hair in a messy ponytail. A sick day should mostly be spent sleeping, if at all possible. A sick day should not be spent worrying about anything work-related. Forget about your meetings and deadlines, turn off the laptop, and put the BlackBerry on silent. There is a reason it is called a sick day. It means you need to relax. This afternoon is my "sick day." I am laying on the couch in my sweats and my dirty hair is up, but I'm not sleeping...yet. After having a fever at work this morning, which was established by my sweating in the bathroom and five minutes later having goosebumps at my desk, I decided to take a little break from life and go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment