Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fight, Fight, Fight for Iowa!

My favorite thing about Fall is, hands down, college football. [I am such a dude.] Whether I'm at the stadium tailgating, at the bar anxiously awaiting kickoff, at a [HAWK] party or on my own couch, I'm ready for some football. Every Saturday.

Last Saturday, I greatly enjoyed [that is in fact an understatement] my first trip to Kinnick Stadium. I've been down to Iowa City before to tailgate, but finally stepped foot inside Kinnick. Cross that off my bucket list. And let me tell you, it was everything I've dreamed. And more. While my initial thoughts upon entering Kinnick may be a little foggy [thanks to Moonshine, apple pie, Chi Chi's and Coors Light] the experience is one I'll never forget. Hearing ACDC's Back in Black continued to give me goosebumps even with minutes left in the fourth quarter, down 9-6 to the Cyclones. I didn't witness a Hawkeye touchdown or a Hawkeye win, but I did see a hell of a lot of turnovers. Four for the Hawkeye to be exact, one in each quarter.

Thanks to Aimee for inviting me to my first Iowa game, and thanks to her husband Troy for having to work, giving up his 6th row ticket and missing his first Iowa home game in 16 years. ;)  And thanks to the Brown's, my favorite brothers, for such a fun time tailgating.





No comments:

Post a Comment