Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Main Event

In my last post, I told you about someone important coming to Waterloo and how I had an amazing work opportunity open up. That important 'someone' was in fact the VP of JD. I'm on the steering committee of an Employee Resource Group called WomenREACH, and the VP is a strong advocate of this group. So strong, that he encouraged a group of roughly 20 women from all over the world to meet for 3 days. To share ideas, goals, best practices and where each REACH group was. We had representatives from Waterloo, Quad Cities/Moline, Germany, Mexico and Brazil. On Monday, we met, did introductions, and got to know each other and about the different REACH groups. We also stopped in to the VP's Extended Staff Meeting to introduce ourselves. To my surprise, my first manager when I was a part-time student [who transferred to Augusta before I landed my full-time job] was sitting in the room!

The last day and a half was spent on leadership presentation and image skills. An outside trainer came in to help us prepare our group to speak in front of the VP's staff on Wednesday. I learned SO much that I wish I could share with you all! We gave a very successful presentation that will hopefully spark some change and interest to help strengthen our groups at the various units.

I'm so blessed to have the job I do and the opportunities to stand up before a group of management like that.

Coming up this week: an Iowa City hat trick!


No comments:

Post a Comment