Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Growing up isn't easy. In high school, I couldn't wait to graduate and leave the drama and problems behind. Little did I know, drama exists everywhere. It's all how you react to situations and circumstances. And your attitude towards it.

Lately, I've had my patience tested. My attitude. My strength. To be honest, it feels like curveballs are being thrown at my face. I could sit here and feel sorry for myself. Ask "why?" a million times. Or, I could finally start to listen to that smart boyfriend of mine. He once told me, "Challenges in life make us better people." And you know what? He's right. The first boss I had when I started at JD told me something similar a few years ago: "You'll never grow if you don't challenge yourself."

I'm a creature of habit. We all are. Instead of taking risks and trying new things, I stick to what I know and what I'm comfortable with. I refrain from taking on new tasks because I'm afraid to fail. There is honestly no worse feeling than that of disappointment. It's not easy when it comes to making a decision for yourself, especially when it's you and only you who will either suffer or benefit from the consequences.

March has been a long month. I can't wait to end it with a day off from work, of course some hockey, my favorite almost-2-year-old's birthday party, and 50-degree weather this weekend. Bring on April! I'm more than ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment