Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekending

Why do weekends go by so fast? Last week officially kicked my ass after a long weekend, working two jobs and a lack of sleep.

We celebrated my Grandpa Mike's 70th birthday with a fish fry and lots of family/friends Saturday afternoon. We laughed, a lot, and it served as a great reminder of what life is all about.


Taysen and I took a little walk past the backyard and saw the baseball field across the street. We had to come back home to get a shirt, bat, ball & mom and went back to play. The excitement on his face when I helped him hit the ball was priceless! I have a feeling that place might be our hangout this summer...


We roasted marshmallows on the grill & made smores... I may have eaten a few too many.



I may have enjoyed a few of these on Friday night too. I'd say they were well deserved after a hard first week back at Riverfront. ;)

I'm ready for some warmer weather, grilled burgers on the party deck at home, a high school baseball game in [nearly] my backyard and a Wednesday afternoon 'skip work day' baseball game - the start a 6-day home stand for the Bucks. Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I know that field! And I love smores, but I eat too many that I feel sick :) Thank you for the gift card, can't wait for my next fix!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why we haven't gone there before! I had smores again tonight... maybe it was a bad idea :) you're welcome- hope there's some good finds!

      Delete