Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Hockey Guys and Giggles

We all have times where, for possibly no good reason, we're crabby. Upset with anyone and everyone, and just plain irritated. This afternoon was one of those times. The entire day has been a bit of a rollercoaster.

Up: a clear, sunny morning drive to work
Down: my parking spot that caused me to get to my desk two minutes late

Up: a new maxi skirt [& a compliment from a stranger]
Down: something complex thrown at me last minute
Up: a positive and encouraging mid-year review
Down: the drive home. downtown traffic has been absolutely horrendous due to construction. there's no easy way to get around it and it ends up taking me twice as long

Up: the hockey guys I ordered for Taysen came in the mail
Down: shortly after getting home, the rain started
Down: sitting in the Taco John's drive thru for 13 minutes
Up: a two year old. who lights up my world like nobody else [and if you're now singing One Direction, I'm sorry]

It's so easy to forget just how easy life can be...until you spend some time with a two year old. I spent this rainy, Wednesday night with Taysen. We opened up his new hockey guys, learned the words puck, net, goalie and ice, and wore a new shirt [because I have a serious shopping problem.] We shared tacos and potato oles on the living room floor, played in the rain with pajama pants and bare feet, gave kisses through the window, and got ice cream at Four Queens. We went potty on the potty, played baby, wrestled, read a few books, asked a lot of questions, counted to ten, and laughed. A lot. In case you didn't know, a two year old's giggle is contagious.

And now I'm going to bed with the best memories of just what I needed tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment