Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Today (and the 364 other days of the year) I am thankful.

Thankful to have a home to keep me safe and warm.

Thankful for a job I enjoy...most of the time. ;)

Thankful to be where I'm at in life - even if it took me five years to graduate college.

Thankful for my love to write, specifically this blog, and the people that read it.

Thankful for 'Black Wednesday' and all of the great friends I saw last night.

Thankful for not being hungover so I can enjoy great food all day long.

Thankful to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with my family.

Thankful for NFL football on Thanksgiving Day. I'd be extra thankful with a 'Boys win.

Thankful to carry on the tradition of the Waterloo Black Hawks hockey game (against rival Cedar Rapids) on Thanksgiving night.

Thankful for the amazing friends I have who put up with me and are there for me.

Thankful for an extra special angel up in Heaven watching over me.

Thankful for my family. They may be a little crazy sometimes, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. I am my father's daughter, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm extremely thankful to have the cutest, sweetest nephew, Taysen James. He's starting to reach towards me when he sees me - it helps when I have a bottle of Mountain Dew;) and last night I got my first slobbery, open-mouthed kiss on the lips. Happy 1st Thanksgiving, little man!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment