Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Reality


Yep. Two days. Wow. This will probably be my last post before I move in on Friday, so look for pictures of the new place soon!

After work this afternoon, I met my dad at Best Buy to look at TV stands. I found one I LOVE (and dad loved too!) We then went over to the refrigerators...sore subject. A couple weeks ago, I went with him to look at fridges and we thought we had one picked out. It was on sale for $499 - top freezer, stainless steel, plain ol' fridge. The plan was to get the fridge, along with a new 40" (or bigger ;) TV. After being exactly like my dad.. aka stubborn.. we left with nothing. I went that weekend with mom to get the fridge, however it was no longer on sale. No big deal, except that I didn't really like it. It showed every single fingerprint. So, I bought a different one - French style doors like I wanted - only it was about double the price of the other fridge I told my dad I was getting. Oops.

Back to the point - I showed my dad the fridge I got, and he showed me another one (same brand, only 3 inches/6 cubic feet bigger, plus a water dispenser) that was on sale for about the price I paid for the smaller one. After going back and forth about a hundred times, determining how much bigger 6 cubic feet is (not much), opening and shutting doors and drawers, thinking "is it really worth an extra $100 for this?" and asking my dad a dozen times "what should I do?" ... I decided I wanted to switch. Keep in mind, I am one very indecisive person.

We went to Customer Service, waited in line, returned the one fridge, and 15 minutes later I hear "I'm not showing we have any here or in any warehouse in the area. It won't even let me backorder it." WHAT?! I look at my dad. I look at the cashier. I look at my dad again. First of all, how do you have a sale on a fridge, but not have any available?! Duh. At the same time, my dad and I said "floor model!" My dad asked the guy if we could buy the floor model. YEP. Not only did I get the last single-garage condo in the development, I got the last Samsung refrigerator at Best Buy. I think it was meant to be. ;)


I have to admit, I haven't been too excited about moving the past couple weeks. The thought of literally being on my own and having more bills (debt) than I can keep track of scares the living shit out of me. Things will be tight for awhile, and I won't have everything I want right away (or ever for that matter ;) but I made sure before I even looked into anything that I could afford it. And to be honest, I never imagined I'd be where I am right now.

Buying a condo at 24 years old. Six months after college graduation. A full-time job at John Deere. In a department I wasn't even remotely interested in, nor did I have the experience in.

God works in mysterious and wonderful ways, which we'll never know why or how. But that's the way it's supposed to be...and all you can be (and all I am) is unbelievably thankful and blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment