Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

This was one of the best Thanksgiving weekends I've ever had. Black Wednesday, or Thanksgiving Eve, is always a fun night and almost like a high school reunion (good or bad). Jami and I took Taysen to Grandma Lori & Grandpa Jim's for the night since Jami had to work Thursday morning. I let Tay crawl on me and then we were laying on the floor and he could not take his eyes off of me. Every little movement I made - he watched, every sound I made - he mimicked. It was truly one of my favorite times I've spent with him.

We spent the majority of the night at the Screamin' Eagle. Steph & Nick came out for the first time after having their sweet little boy, Ari, so there was lots to celebrate! We cheers'd to Steph "bein f'n out!" and to a Happy Thanksgiving. It was good to see people I hadn't seen in years, even though with several friends it had been days, and I had fun meeting new people, many who I work with and didn't even know it!

 


After watching part of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade from my bed (without a hangover!) and laughing at some things I found on my phone from Black Wednesday, I got ready and went out to the cemetery. It was by far the nicest day we've had here in awhile, in the 50's but just a little windy. I went to my aunt Kristi's for Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family, watched a lot of football, ate a lot of food, and had a lot of fun. I went back to my mom's for another Thanksgiving dinner, finished watching the Cowboys win (YEAH!) and got ready for the hockey game - Jami and Taysen went with me this year! It's so much fun to watch Taysen get excited when they score a goal. He really focuses on the game... I told Jami when she found out it was a boy that he'd be a little hockey player. ;)


Instead of going out to wait in endless Black Friday lines, we had a little Thanksgiving Sleepover at Jami's. I put Tay to sleep and I woke up the next morning to a confused face, almost like he was thinking, "you're still here?!" I dressed him, fed him breakfast, and watched Mickey with him.


The faces he makes while he eats just kill me! We ended up doing a little Black Friday shopping, but made sure we waited until noon. Kohl's was still packed, with the longest lines I've ever seen, but Target wasn't bad at all. We of course had to stop at Starbucks right away (and share a little with Taysen). I've never had so much fun shopping with a baby..we spent a good hour in the toys section, and I walked out of there with wrapping paper & Taysen's first Christmas present - all for under $10. ;) That afternoon, we read books, played with toys, napped, and played peek-a-boo around the sectional.


Our Friday evening was spent on Main Street in Cedar Falls for the Holiday Hoopla kickoff, a "first-time" for all of us. We went in and out of many stores, except for the newly-opened Scratch, listened to the band and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks. We took pictures by Santa's Workshop, and hurried to watch Santa land in his helicopter. We walked up and down Main Street before standing outside Cup of Joe to watch the fireworks.



I can't wait until he's a little older and can enjoy it even more (and until I have one of my own to share this with!)

I spent the rest of my Friday night at Young Arena for the Warriors Alumni game, watching a few friends, and enjoying a couple beers at Smitty's. I was home by 11:30 and got a few texts calling me "old" and "lame." :)

Today, my mom and I went out looking for a TV stand, barstools, and some other things I felt I needed before I move on Friday. I ended up getting kitchen and bath towels, a shower curtain/rod for my bathroom, Christmas lights for my small tree I'm putting outside, verticals and blinds for the living room/bedrooms, a nine-cube organizer, and a few Christmas decorations. I was sick of shopping (what?! I didn't know that was possible..) and ready to go home.


Countdown: 5 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment